Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sanity! Sweet Sanity!


You have to look close to see the butterfly




First of all I want to say a big THANK YOU to all the encouragement I have gotten about homeschooling my boys since my last post....Wow, that sounded like the beginning of an Emmy's speach! lol :) No, seriously! It has meant a lot to me these last couple of weeks. We are doing so great! The boys are loooooooooooving it! They get up every morning and ask ME when is school time! I am truley blessed. I stand in awe of the awesome God I serve and wonder at His amazing grace in giving me such wonderful children. Now, don't get me wrong....homeschooling comes with a price. It is a lot harder to keep the house as neat as it should be. So, now comes the rest of my story.......




So I have always been the kind of person that if someone offers to come and help me clean my house, I would feel like I would need to clean before they got here!lol Insane, I know but that is me. So since being here in Monument it has been offered to me a few times and I politely decline saying that I have everything under control. Now if they could see me trying to get the house ready for Ladies Bible Study or having friends over, they would beg to differ I am sure! My husband did explain to me by declining these offers, I am actually robbing these precious women of their blessing for blessing me. But, being the self centered human being that I am I could not get past ME and how I felt about it.




So, at Ladies Bible Study this week I was explaining to everyone how overwhelmed I had become with figuring out my schedule and how I was suppose to be able to keep up with everything. I was just opening my heart to them and letting them see my frustration at the situation. Although I wouldn't send my boys back to public school because of me needing to figure out an appropriate schedule! So a precious lady that had previously offered her housecleaning services to me spoke up and offered them to me agian. You see, I wouldn't dream of turning her down this time!! I quietly said, "that would be WONDERFUL!" So the next morning she came over and helped me with dishes and laundry while I homeschooled the boys! It was wonderful. I was truley blessed!




So I guess in closing I would say.....be careful what offers you are turning down. If people are truley trying to be a blessing to you, you would be stealing their blessing by turning them down. And by laying down pride you can learn a huuuuuuuuuge lesson! Love you guys! Thank you for all your encouragement!

No comments: