Monday, January 7, 2008

Do I have the strength?

Levi 6 Years Old
Benjamin 4 Years Old

Samuel 1 Year Old

Okay, so my husband and I have decided to do something that is going to totally change our lives. We pulled Levi and Benjamin out of public school and are now homeschooling them. Granted they are only in Kindergarten and Pre-school but I am now starting to feel a little overwhelmed. Right now we are just working out of workbooks because I have virtually no idea where to even start. I was really impressed today, though. Levi did a whole page of addition and he told me that they didn't do math like that in school. Rock on Levi!! I pray that I keep the expectations high so they will strive to achieve them and thus reach higher than ever would have been possible. I am really excited also because they will get to learn school stuff and learn about God at the same time! Okay, this pep talk worked. I think I'm ready to tackle it again tomorrow!

3 comments:

Christie said...

I believe in you! I know you can do it! And, I so admire you taking on this challenge. Wow, what an adventure to blog about. I cant wait to see how things go for you guys :)

Anna said...

Hey Becky,

You can do it!! I thought about homeschooling Allie a while back. I looked at "connections Academy" for a starting place. You can look them up on the internet.

www.connectionsacademy.com

It's a starting place. Then you can add what you want to it.

Hope this helps!

Michelle Morales Photography said...

Wow!! You go Becky! That's wonderful news! I am going to homeschool my children too.. I really feel that's what God wants me to do. Your blog has encouraged me to NOT change my mind, lol! :) Many blessings for you and your boys! :)