Saturday, January 5, 2008

One word for 2008

2008 is going to be a great year!! I can feel it. Thanks to Christie's challenge and inspiration I have chosen one word to focus on this year. This is a great idea! Christie got this idea from Ali Edward's website. So, here is goes. Hmmmm, one word.....that's so hard! I think that I will choose "Grace". Like love, it is so easy to withhold grace from people. I learned recently how much extending grace to someone even though they hurt me badly can change someone's life. It is easy to say you forgive someone but the true test of our heart is to extend grace to them. With Christ as my example, this is going to be my word for the year. My verse will be 2 Corinthians 12:9 & 10
" And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weekness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may dwell in me. Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong."
I will strive this year to have Paul's mindset. Through my weaknesses may God's power reside in me!

1 comment:

Christie said...

Becky,
This is so great! Grace! It makes me want to have two words!!! Thanks so much for joining in the challenge. Lets be praying for eachother to grow in these wonderful words!