Wednesday, July 8, 2009

From State to State

Boy do we have a lot going on!! I guess it kinda makes up for the winters being so slow. Well, first things first...Ben is scheduled for a Tonsilectomy and Adenoidectomy on July 15th. I am trying to reschedule so that Ben, Sam and I can participate in Kid's Camp on July 20th-24. If it can't be rescheduled then we are going to stay at home for his recovery time. That will be a big bummer for Ben, he was looking forward to Kid's Camp.
For the 4th of July weekend we took off for Omak, Wa to spend the holiday with Norman's family. His sister and brother in law has a home there. It's only 45 min from the Canadian border so you can imagine how long of a drive that was for us!! But it was worth it! They have a big pool that we got to swim in whenever we wanted and a big trampoline. We all had a great time. On Friday more of the family showed up so we ended up with 3 of his 4 sisters and their families. His mom and her friend. And his Ex-Stepmom. It was quite a crowd!! On Saturday we got everything loaded up and headed to the lake. Norman waterskiied for the first time in 25 years! He did pretty good! I went tubing for the first time. It was great until the tube decided to dive under water because it didn't have enough air in it. And then, silly me chose to get back on it to bring it in and of course it did the same thing again!! That time was scary because the swirl from the boat engine sucked me under water. But I made it out alive!! And I even went out again after we aired it up!! Levi and Ben went out on the tube with Norman. Benny thought it was a little scary but felt better after Norman put his arm around him. Levi LOVED it! He went out again with a couple of his cousins. He held on really good and wasn't scared at all! We ended the day at the park on the Indian Reservation in town. Washington + Indian Reservation = really cool fireworks!! The boys loved them! Then Sunday we spent relaxing and playing in the pool, resting up for our long trip back the next day. It was so much fun! I don't know why we don't get together more often as a family. It was great.
On the way home we stopped at the Grand Coullee Dam. I guess it is the eighth wonder of the world! It was really BIG!! The boys loved it! I have pictures but they are not on the computer yet.
So, there is still a bunch of stuff planned for this summer. Hopefully I can remember to keep up on my blogging it all!!

No comments: