Saturday, July 25, 2009

Our week at Camp Elkanah

This last week we have had the pleasure to serve as staff at Kiids Camp 2009 at Camp Elkanah. We had a BLAST! Levi got to sneak in as a camper and Ben and Sam were there with us also. I was privilaged to serve as kitchen help in charge of the salad bar. It sounds easy, I know, but you have to understand we were serving roughly 300 people! And boy could those kids eat!! Norman got to be a cabin inspector. The kids were rewarded each day if their cabins were clean and up to par. He also helped out in a lot of other areas. God was so amazing and did some awesome things in kids' lives this week. We were able to grow relationships with several of the kids and leaders and Pastors. It was so neat getting to know more people. Highlights of our trip were the trips to the LaGrande swimming pool, the red hooded sweatshirt song that I now get to hear my boys sing at random during the day (Ben loves to sing it in the bathroom!) thanks to Pastor Dan!, the giant slip-n-slide! (Sam actually went down by himself several times!), and the many new games and songs we learned. Even though we returned home exausted, it was well worth it. Sam met a girl at camp. I know what you're thinking, he's only 2, right?? Well, you can't stop love at first sight! Sam met McKayla and loved her instantly. Now when he see's her picture on Facebook his face lights up and he says "My Tayla" Well, as it stands Sam is McKayla's main squeeze right now. Although she does not promise that she won't meet someone else and get married. But she has promised that Sam will always be her main squeeze. I love it! She is an awesome young lady and we are glad to call her part of our family. You can never have too much family, right? So I will have to post pictures of camp later because I didn't have my camera with me and will have to bum pictures from a friend. The pictures of Sam below are the only pictures I have of camp and these were taken by McKayla while she was playing with Sam on the playground. Can you see the love in his eyes??





1 comment:

Sarah Landa said...

That was a wonderful testimony Becky! I am almost jealous that you got to be the salad bar lady! I'm happy to hear that you had a great time, I hope our camping trip is as enjoyable. It's off of I-5 near Grants Pass in Southern Oregon and we leave tomorrow (07-29-09) for 4 nights.