Monday, June 22, 2009

The perfect Father's Day for Mom??

Yesterday was a GREAT day! The only thing I regret was that I didn't have my camera with me, at all! Grrr...pictures would have been great! We started out the day with a fun Father's day service. Norman actually rode a quad into the church!!! We had a great time of worship after a short sermonette. The worship was our Father's Day gift to God. Then we had a yummy Father's Day BBQ. All the foods that the guys like....plus lots of desserts. Man was it good!. After that we came home and I got to nap while Norman spent a couple hours on the phone talking to family...literally!! HE was suppose to be getting the nap but I couldn't help myself! Okay, then we loaded up the kids and their bike helmets and went to a friends ranch. I had never driven a 4 wheeler before so Norman gave me a quick lesson on a 6X6 and I set off by myself. Norman loaded all the boys onto his 4 wheeler and took them for a ride while I got use to the 6X6 and had a little fun. Then because the 6X6 has a better holding area for the boys to ride, I took the boys and let Norman have a little fun! It was a blast! We took a little road up to the top of the hill and had an amazing view in all directions. It was amazing! I just wish I had my CAMERA!! Then we loaded back up and went down to the ranch where we got to practice shooting the 22 and 20 gage for a little while. Lots of fun. (I know, I am such a tomboy! But I live while 4 boys! If you can't beat them, join them..right?) Then we were invited to stay for bbq dinner. Authentic Mexican style. I hope that was politically correct. The friend cooking is from Mexico and he made some yummy food for us! So not only was it a perfect Father's Day for Dad....it was a perfect Father's Day for Mom, too! I think I had more fun than I did on Mother's day!! SHHHHH Don't tell! :):):)

No comments: